Keeping everyone safe at St Barnabas
Yes, it could happen here!
Find out about the various ways we keep everyone safe here.
If you are worried that a child is at risk of harm contact the school DSL team on 01892522958 and ask to speak to the DSL's.
Mrs Moira Duncombe
Mrs Samantha Pring
If you are concerned about a child and cannot reach us on the phone contact us on the dedicated email address which is monitored throughout the year by the school DSL team at:
If you are concerned that a child is at immediate risk of harm please contact the police.
You can also report a concern about a child who you feel is at risk of harm to the Kent Safeguarding Children Multi Agency Partnership at kscmp.org.uk
Our aim is to always ensure your child is safe and happy. We have policies and procedures in place to explain how our school will make this our priority.
Child Protection and Safeguarding Summary:
- Lead designated person (DSL) for Child Protection, and 1 Deputy DSL
- Full-time School Family Liason Officer to support families
- Named Governor for Safeguarding
- All staff have annual and termly updates/ training for Child Protection
- Termly Safeguarding newsletters
- Clear procedures are in place to ensure that any suspicions about neglect or abuse are reported to the relevant person.
- Notes of concern are raised and kept on CPOMS
- CPOMS is monitored daily by DSLs
- Whistleblowing procedures are clear.
- Dedicated section of the school website for safeguarding
- There is an attitude of 'it could happen here.'