Each child is uniquely created and loved by God.
Our Vision permeates throughout our curriculum at St Barnabas. As a school we agreed our Whole School Intent that during their time at St Barnabas’ School, we aspire for all children to:
- Master skills, knowledge and understanding across a broad and rich curriculum.
- Ask questions and think critically.
- Fluently express the ideas of themselves and others.
- Read with intent and for enjoyment.
- Become numerate and financially responsible.
- Problem solve and demonstrate entrepreneurship.
- Understand, appreciate and engage with their surroundings.
- Appreciate design and aesthetics in order to create things that are useful/beautiful.
- Develop a positive sense of self.
- Build effective relationships.
- Manage risk and stay safe.
- Lead and act with agency.
We have agreed to teach our curriculum under the following heading:
- English and Communication
- Maths Curriculum
- Religion and Values
- Science and Computing
- Time and Place
- Design and the Arts
- Sport, Exercise and Health
- Outdoor Learning