2b. Week Nine Monday 8th June
Home Learning Plans
Week Beginning: Monday 8st June
- Carry on with your daily independent reading.
- This week I have given you a ‘Talk for Writing’ activity to complete that will cover most of our English for the week. This Year 5 Workbook has been written by Dean Thompson and will cover reading comprehension, grammar, the development of vocabulary, planning a story and plotting ideas in a structured way and finally writing a story.
- Visit the Oxford Owl website. https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/ Click on the My Class Login section
Use the following details to log in to the newly created Lilac Class section.
Click on the ‘My Bookshelf’ section and select reading books that are right for you. Use the ‘Age Groups’ section to help narrow down the search.
- When completing guided or supported reading of an age appropriate text, focus on analytical questioning. Use the analytical section of this questioning tool to generate questions that challenge your child to analyse what has happened in the story.
-Why did they do that?
-How can you tell that…?
Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar:
PLEASE SEE YOUR ‘TALK FOR WRITING’ WORKBOOK
Writing: PLEASE SEE YOUR ‘TALK FOR WRITING’ WORKBOOK. PLEASE ALSO SEE AN ATTACHED LETTER WITH DETAILS OF A WRITING COMPETITION ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE IN LOCKDOWN. WHETHER YOU WIN OR NOT YOUR WORK WILL BE READ BY A PUBLISHED AUTHOR! YOUR WRITING COULD BE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, A POEM OR A CREATIVE STORY. ALL ENTRIES ARE ONLINE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO ENTER THE COMPETITION I WOULD STILL LIKE YOU TO DO THIS WRITING ACTIVITY.
Maths: This week we are learning how to find a fraction of an amount.
- Watch my learning video LO: To find a fraction of an amount.
- There is a White Rose Varied Fluency sheet for you to work through and if you feel confident there is also a Reasoning and Problem Solving sheet to complete. Remember to cover up the answers when working through this sheet! I have also attached for extra practise some worksheets about finding a fraction of an amount that includes simple calculations and word problems.
I have also set a MyMaths times tables activity focusing on 7, 8 and 9 x tables.
Numbers Fluency: Complete your new Maths with Parents activity I have set you about multiplying fractions by whole numbers for some consolidation. Class Code 48372
Remember your ‘Maths Games and Activities Pack’ that you can dip into from time to time
Wider Curriculum: Pick activities from the Wider Curriculum Learning Matrix.
I have also attached my regular Homework sheet that your child would normally receive every Thursday.
If there is any work that you would like me to see please remember that you can send it to me.