1a. Week Two Monday 30th March
Home Learning Plans
Week Beginning: Monday 30th March
Maple class have been reading books as a whole class this year. To try to continue this even though we are not in the same place, I would like you to go to the Oxford Owls webpage https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/login through the ‘My Class Login’ button.
Username: st barnabas maple
Find the book, ‘How the World Began’,
If you have problems logging in, there is a copy of the book in the week two folder.
On Monday, either listen to the story by pressing the play button. Alternatively, read the story to your child. Pause and help if there are any words or ideas your child does not understand.
On Tuesday, ask your child to read the story to you. Help them if they get stuck.
On Wednesday, complete the comprehension, ‘Tagaloa’s Rock’
On Thursday and Friday, read your own book for pleasure.
If you enjoy David Walliams, you can hear him read some of his own stories at https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
If you have a copy of the book, read along.
- Recap this term’s spellings by trying to find all the spelling words in the word search (If you can’t print it off but can open the word version, use the highlighter pen to mark the words)
- Fiction. Tagaloa’s rock is about the creation myth from the Pacific islands, also known as ‘Polynesia’. Thinking about your story about an archaeologist searching for a missing tomb in an island in the South Pacific. You could investigate the islands of Samoa, Look at the ‘South Sea Resource’. Think about what you can see in the pictures. Remember that you are an archaeologist finding treasure for a museum not a tomb looter looking for loot.
- Non-Fiction. Look at the ‘Nature Walk’ resource. Try to match the flowers that I saw to their names. Choose one flower and find out more about it. Record you findings in a table or as bullet points.
Maths: This week we are learning about fractions
- Log on to Maths with Parents and complete the times tables and multiplication work
- Log on to Purple Mash and complete the maths ‘2Dos’ which have been selected for you.
- Have a go at some of the challenges in the ‘Year 3 and 4 maths Challenge’ resource
- Play some of the Multiplication games in the resource
- Pick activities of your choice from the Wider Curriculum Home Learning Matrix created last week.