Tuesday 2nd March
Home learning for Tuesday
Registration @9am on GoogleMeet
Today we will be looking at how to give change. Please join the live lesson at 9 for an explanation on how to do this.
Then have a go at the activity attached.
If you still need a bit of extra help watch this video.
Using Purplemash have a go at Monster multiplication in the games section.
Follow the link to watch the next instalment of Stig of the Dump, then have a go at answering the following questions
- How do you know Flash, the pony, thought Lou was a dangerous animal?
- Lou thought she was talking to Barney, who do you think she was actually talking to?
- What sort of objects covered the walls in the Fawkham-Greene house?
- Why did the leopard turn its attention to Stig?
- What do you think the verbs ‘bumped’ and ‘clattered’ tell the reader about the way Barney moved down the stairs?
- Barney is becoming more mischievous. Do you agree? Explain your answer.
Choose a different subject area eg ‘houses’ Use the notes you have collected from the texts and from the video you have watched to gather your ideas together.
Remember to use the features of non chronological reports that we have looked at last week. Write one more page of your information book.
STEM Workshop: Who Wants to be a Superhero
You can find the link to this session by visiting the following site:
Click on the Tuesday 2nd March activities and find today’s ‘Who Wants to be a Superhero’ Workshop. Here you will find a link to the session. The password for this session is: science-heroes
Please note, this is NOT a live session. The link will be live and can be viewed any time between 8:30 and 12:30pm. The session will last for about 50 mins.
Here are some of the questions that will be discussed in this workshop.
Just what exactly do scientists and engineers do?
How do planes fly?
How can we see through the dust in space?
How do engineers make playgrounds safer to play in?
How are they saving the planet?