1. Week One Monday 23rd March
Home Learning Plans
Week Beginning: Monday 23rd March
- Read the comprehension, James and the Giant Peach. Answer the questions in your Purple Book.
- Grown-ups, when completing guided or supported reading of an age appropriate text, focus on factual recall. Use the factual section of this questioning tool to generate questions to ensure that your child has fully understand what they are reading.
e.g. When did the character go to the shops?
- Log on to Purple Mash and complete the spelling ‘2Dos’ which have been selected for you.
We have been writing our own stories imagining we are Howard Carter or another Egyptologist from our imagination. Look at the piece of modelled writing, ‘Tutankhamun Newspaper’ It is an imaginary version of the newspaper report about the discovery of Tutankhamen’s Tomb.
Think about the character you wrote about.
Write a newspaper report telling the world what your explorer found.
Try to include some of these features.
- Adjectives to make the description more exciting.
- Adverbs to show how an action is done.
- A list using commas.
- Coordinating conjunctions (because, so, but, therefore, since)
Maths: This week we are learning about fractions
- Log on to Maths with Parents and complete the fractions work
- Complete the MyMaths activities
- Log on to Purple Mash and complete the maths ‘2Dos’ which have been selected for you.
- Pick activities of your choice from the Wider Curriculum Home Learning Matrix.